Mar 29, 2011 11:25am
Re: I HAD a page a minute ago... and then it was gone.
OK... after I removed every Chrs$12... ^L Form feed, from ALL of my templates and one ^B (Start of text chr$) I SEEM TO HAVE a page now, using the identifier tth3_110329.
Since when can't a simple web page ignore a common control character inserted by every text editor on the planet?
Even still, the deriver CANNOT DISCERN 128kbps audio from VBR which required me waiting for the derive process to finish before I was able to manually change the designation on the edit page allowing the audio tags to show.
I feel terribly sorry for anyone not familiar with the site right now and would not blame a new user at all if they found other venues for their uploads that worked without problems like that.
I also notice damage to my landing page /CabaleNewsServices in the form of the removal of embedding code for a simple Iframe containing an RSS feed that HAD NOT been damaged previously along with my other pages when Archive.org ARBITRARILY AND WITHOUT WARNING decided to disallow embed codes... except, for some odd reason, hit counter code.
You'll notice that I used the word "Damaged" in relation to what has been done, because it IS.
I'm assuming all this damage, and upload mayhem is being caused by Archive.org's insistence on foisting off the new pretty much un-embeddable flash player and flash upload page on uploaders as I encountered the control character problem early on in the new player's usage when there was a quote mark in the audio title.
But the odds of alienating your uploaders, leaving only 'leechers' (using torrent terminology) using your site grows daily.